Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Beginning and I Did It

My first post and my first picture and I did it all by myself. I have wanted to start a blog for years now. Actually I feel I want to write a book about our experiences and maybe this will be my beginning to that. Anyway I am not very comfortable with the computer and so for me it is a big accomplishment to get this much done. It has been only a few years that for my News Year resolution I decided to learn how to email... Usually I would hand write them out and ask one of my kids to type and send it..... So here we go, or should I say maybe we will take a look back . We have a framed saying as I mentioned in my profile that says , "All because 2 people feel in love", and that really is where the beginning of this blog will be.

I have a feeling that this will become very addictive for me... to be able to talk about my faith and my family and children. I was born into a family that there was lots of love and compasion. I had a very happy childhood and felt loved. I also knew the Lord very early in my life and felt his love for me . I also have always loved children even when I was a child I loved watching, pl;aying and creating things for us to do. So I feel the Lord was moving in my heart to fulfill his purpose for me to do something with children even when I was very young.

As I shared my husband Paul and I have been married for 30 plus yrs now and in my profile is our story of our first date and how Paul "passed" my test of loving children. We are childhood sweethearts and I have a soul mate, partner with the same God given purpose,friend, and lover of the Lord and children. We have 5 bio. children- Laura Jeane- 28, married with 2 of our "grand" sons... Jennifer-26 also married and she has 1 daughter and one son on the way...Molly -23 and she lives near by us,Mary Kate-20 she has a little "grand" baby girl born on her PawPaw's birthday and our last bio. is Ben-15. Our first adoption was 22 and a half yrs ago of our son, Abraham from Mexico. He is blind and suffered some brain damage from a severe beating....

1 comment:

Mommy of little ones said...

what a sweet family! i have been reading your blog recently and just now decided to go back and read some of your first posts. i am loving reading about how you all came together as a family through adoption. my husband and i have one baby and one on the way and are in process of getting approved for domestic adoption. we hope to adopt a sibling group of 3 girls within the year... please pray for us if you will! thanks for blogging, you're an encouragement!