Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sept. 2007 update

I thought it was time that I shared an update. We start our homeschool Tuesday and the children seem excited to be starting again. It will be good to get back to the routine however I miss the easiness of the summer routine.

Luke is now walking without his braces or walker.... He does not need to wear the braces except at nite. We had his check with Dr. Standard Aug. 25 and were given the great news he only needs to wear the braces at nite.... This is months ahead of what they expected and so we are rejoicing that Luke is doing so well.

We just started a new church 3 weeks ago and feel so at home and challenged by all the wonderful teaching and people there. We already knew some. Today I met a little boy who was adopted from Guatemala. I had been able to help his parents with their paperwork and all so they could adopt him... It was one of my "made my day" experiences to see this happy family together...

We are in the process of adopting 5 more children.... from 2 diff.countries at the same time. We have our dossier almost done for our 2 little boys from Uzbekistan and a sibling group of 3 girls from Ukraine that we have been trying to adopt for 3 yrs now. We are only waiting on our approval letter from USCIS I 600 A... It should be here any day now.... and then we wait for our paperwork to process in country and be asked to travel for the adoption. It will be interesting to see which country we travel to first for our children... Uzbekistan or Ukraine. It is all in God's hand .

1 comment:

C said...

Glad I ran across your blog. We are still a "young" family (only three kids: two bio and one adopted). Hoping for more over the years.

I'm drooling over your full house! ha!