Sunday, June 15, 2008

For such a time as this- Esther 4:14

On Friday when we were not able to get a signature and we had the wknd. looming before us I was down about the process... So my devotional that day from Our Daily Bread was about Esther. A story I love and have even done a woman's Bible study on. My devotional reads- The book of Esther tells another story of love, sacrifice and God's timing. It goes on to share the story of how she saves her people by being there at just the right time for ,"such a time as this" . Then it says when we are able to rescue others, we should do so at all costs. Ask God for His direction and act! He may have placed you here "for such a time as this."

Well that was very encouraging to me and my attitude changed.... the Lord is so good. He knew that on Friday, June 13 I would need to read that devotional as I did. That has happened so many times in my life and it always amazes me. Sometimes I buy books that are used. I bought a used devotional book and the whole year I used it every single day was just what I needed. It got so I would not ever look ahead because I did not want to see what maybe I could be dealing with. To some it sounds weird but I have lived it many times in my life and know how the Lord provides for me. I am grateful for his provision and providence.

We took all the kids - 5 and Ben to see Kung Fu Panda in Ukrainian, McDonalds for lunch and then we went clothes shopping--- We spent alot of money today but it was fun. Watching the older girls in a store choosing their own things was priceless. Since we were not sure of exactly who we were adopting we were not able to buy any clothes before hand... hence we outfitted for Kiev and flight home 5 kiddos. Oh how wonderful that sounds--- flight home!

6 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Hi Mommajeane, You probably don't remember me. We emailed a while back. I can't remember about what. I am so glad I found the link to your blog on someone else's. May you always feel God's presence with you there in Ukraine. Sometimes it's hard with all the things that go wrong and the pressure of being away from home. But I'm sure you already know that:)

Thank you for sharing this scripture. I needed to hear that today. We adopted a 12yo girl and have been home 2 months today. There are other children we want to go back for, but we are just re-cooperating financially from this adoption. We will have to find a way to start saving all over again. My heart is to go back and get these children and I know that God will provide when the time is right and make everything fall in place like He always does.

Thank you for being receptive to God's call. You and your family are an inspiration to us.

June

Christie M said...

Praise the Lord for His GREAT mercy and kindness towards us in our hours of need.

Home does sound great!!!!

I remember when we were on the downward stretch, how great that felt.
Congratulations!

The Via Colony said...

We are very close to you guys right now, in Hungary ministering to the missionaries here. We are praying that this is coming to an end soon for you all so you can go HOME! God Bless=)

junglemama said...

I hope things start falling into place. I would really like to meet up if possible. Thanks for your emails.

ArtworkByRuth said...

Just checking in and saying "HI", glad things are going well, as can be expected, God's timing is perfect. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless!

junglemama said...

Hi. We should be in Ukraine tomorrow. Where do you think you'll be then? Just wondering.