Monday, August 25, 2008

Home now 8 weeks

How the time flies by. I think that bringing a child/children home in the summer is the best time of year to. At least for an older child... We have had so much fun just being home enjoying the pool, our trampolines, swinging, playing soccer, volleyball, basketball, riding bikes and eating outside on the deck... the kids play hard all day long. They eat well and sleep like logs.... I am so loving the summertime .... We don't start our homeschool until after Labor Day. So we have a few more days left....

We had our Sunday school class over Sunday afternoon. There were over 70 people here and we had a blast. We ate and ate, had a great fellowship and played and swam.... the pool was so dirty that I had to clean it today. Actually I did not get to it until about 5:30 and the kids were patient with me all day... they love to swim :) So while I cleaned the pool my older daughters brought out all the leftovers and dished out the 9 little ones dinner and we all ate on the deck tonite and then went swimming. We watched a gorgeous sunset too. I think if it stays warm we will leave our pool open into Sept. this year.

We are about three fourths the way finished with our house addition.... the drywall gets started this week... Yippe! We have all learned all we need to for now about how to build a house :) Actually the older boys and Cate have learned alot of valuable skills working along side of daddy and our contractor. Now it is time to move on though... if you know what I mean :)

2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

How bout you leave the pool open until after our visit =)

Christie M said...

I love it when our ministry group comes over for a great pot luck.
We don't have a pool, but the kids love running around with the goats and turkeys and playing basketball.