Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Dirt Dessert

I have had some request for the dessert that was in front of Lily for her b-day. It is called Dirt Dessert and is one of our kids favorites. I make it lots of times for their b-days because that is what they choose. Here is the recipe:

Only we just used a lg. bowl this time you can put it in a planter and eat with a spade... we had a plastic planter that I bought from IKEA but it is too small for us now.


1 Planter
Plastic Flowers
1 Spade
Cellophane or wax paper
candy rocks (optional)
gummi worms (optional)
2 - 1lb packages oreo cookies
1/2 stick margerine
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar
3 1/2 cups milk
2 small packages french vanilla instant pudding mix
12 oz cool whip
Mix with blender: margerine, cream cheese and powder sugar.
Mix in separate bowl: milk, pudding mix and cool whip.
Combine the above.
Crush oreo cookies with cream left in the middle (blender or
chopper/mixer works well).
Line bottom of planter with cellophane/wax paper.
Put layer of oreos then creamed mixture - continue until mixture
is used up and last layer is oreos.
Garnish with gummi worms and candy rocks and serve with the
spade.

4 comments:

junglemama said...

Aww, come on...... I was hoping for a picture. :) Sounds yummy.

Mike and Gail said...

I can't wait to try it. I can't wait to see the look on the kids face when I tell them we are having DIRT for dessert. LOL... They may faint, or say I'm not eating that. LOL..

Jennifer Hambrick said...

mmmm...I am thinking of making this for Ella's party...perfect timing on the recipe!

Also, do you think we could make cabbage rolls when you come down?

mommajeane said...

I know Mya and Lily will love it... I think we could. I have not made cabbage rolls since last winter. That is a great idea or lets say a delicious one.