Friday, November 7, 2008

We all can do more than just vote.....

I was very convicted this past weekend on a pro-life issue that I wanted to share. All of my life since Roe vs Wade I have been a part of the pro life movement. First thru a Catholic church because they were the only ones at first who were doing something about abortions. I have supported in many ways my deep conviction that all life is precious and children are a blessing. Thru work at a clinic,financial support, the wearing of pro life bumper stickers and clothing with pro life messages I have done all of this in support of a deep conviction of mine. This would also include the adoption of 17 children who have many special needs and were not the ones anyone really wanted... lives looked upon as worthless. I have also voted pro life every year I could... following the pamphlets handed to me in my church most of the time. Well this year,actually this past weekend before the elections I was convicted once again.. not to vote a diff. way than I did or change my past actions of adoption or support but to more boldly speak up about this pro life movement and to encourage people to walk this walk and not just to an easy thing like just voting pro live. To vote is an honor and privilege and one I take very seriously but it is an easy way to support my conviction and really does not cause me pain or trouble... I go, stand in line and vote . Then I am done. I believe that the Lord has called me and all of us to do more... We need to walk this out more and act. We need to adopt children and support unwed moms by taking them into our homes and caring for them and their babies if no one else will, we need to offer financial support to families so they to can take part in this wonderful blessing of adoption. We can not just vote pro life we must live it by doing something.

I just wanted to share and I am not totally certain where the Lord is taking me but I do know and feel that He is directing my path to this walk even more deeply than before. We can not be silent and comfortable and feel we have done our part for many children who are orphans and babies who are aborted when we just go to the polls and vote... we must do more. Please pray with and for me as I discern more clearly my direction in God's will.

2 comments:

Christie M said...

Amen Sister!

I too feel that as Christians, if we take a pro life stance, we need to put our actions where our mouths are.
We need to support those who choose to keep babies,support adoption, support keeping families together and also educate our children about why we do not enter into sexual relationships before marriage.
We need to be vigilant about helping those in need and reaching out, and we need to let people know that special needs children are not "less than", they enrich our lives and make them different, not less.

mommajeane said...

I knew that I would have a kindred spirit with you.... I am hoping and feeling a greater need to do something about this. Thanks for your encouragement.