Saturday, December 26, 2009

How we are doing :)




































Just fine and even better.... We have been home now 48 hrs. and we are doing very well. Gracie was very afraid of the dogs but is getting better each day... we just ingnore her behavior now and she has relaxed about them... She loves to play or at least watch sitting by the girls as they play.. she will pick up toys... and see how they work. She loves balloons and does not mind when they pop. She loves to wear everyones shoes and clops all day with her brothers clogs on. She is very timid still about eating but we have found some foods that she will eat and with help she does fine. Both are sleeping on our schedule at nite and they have taken a 2 hr rest or nap... ( so have we). Both are loved by everyone here... and each new accomplishment they do is applauded by all... it just amazes me how much compasion these kids have... they clamor to hold or play with Andrew.... he is doing more each day... I will elaborate more about each one of their conditions when we got them... his was more appalling than we thought... which makes each one of his accomplishments even more rewarding.... He is fed food thru a bottle... about 6 to 7 bottles a day.... food we eat is ground up with my food grinder and placed in his bottle... the one picture of Joseph feeding him is how he was used to eating... lying down...this am I put him in a high chair and fed him his bottles and he did fine... he has spent almost all of his 5 yrs prone... lying down ... look at the picture of him walking holding on to Cate! We have had him only 12 days ... any guesses as to how much he weighs now? Tonight he was 28 plus lbs.... on our scale that weighs you lite...

I will write more later just wanted to share... we had a very sweet Christmas! Being home and seeing how all the kids welcomed their new brother and sister was very special.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This just warms my heart!! I was anxiously waiting for an update!! :) 8 pounds, is just unreal! Amazing what a little love and food will do!

Jodi said...

So glad for you! I loved seeing the pics of how they are doing at home. They both look great! I can't believe how much weight Andrew has put on :)
Your other children are so special, how sweet of them to love and welcome with such open hearts. The beautiful people that they are are reflections of their parents and the love they feel around them. I admire that.

Blessings on a wonderful new year!

Jodi

The Recke Family said...

Momma Jeane! I was thinking about you just today and thought I'd check out your blog to see what is new. What an exciting surprise to see the two new additions to your family!
You impress me with your dedication to needy children all across the world. May God continue to bless your entire family and may you continue to be an inspiration to those who answer the call in caring for ALL of God's children. I know I am inspired! :)