Tuesday, January 19, 2010

True Compassion - A Challenge to you

In my devotions today I read something that got me very excited and I want to share it. It is titled, True Compassion. It is a story about a 4 yr old boy who saw his next door neighbor, an elderly gentleman, sitting on his porch, weeping after his wife's funeral. Without saying a word, he walked over, climbed up on the old man's lap, and just sat there. Later, his mother, who'd been watching out the window, asked him what he said to the old man. The boy answered," Nothing; I just helped him cry." That's compassion. This was a cute story and I can think of lots of stories to share about compassion myself but there was a sentence that led into the whole devotion that meant lots to me TRUE COMPASSION IS ALWAYS ACTIVE.

My challenge to you is what are you ACTIVE about that reflects your compassion or the compassion the Lord has placed in your heart? The devotion ends with this :

Walking with God on the road you never wanted to travel... interesting thought. We may not think or conceive of what we should do ourselves or even thought no never.... but having been there done that... it has been a glorious walk with the Lord....

Are you ready to step out in faith and become true compassion to this hurting world? BE ACTIVE- DO SOMETHING.... DON'T JUST FEEL SORRY FOR SOMEONE... SIT ON THEIR LAP OR GO HELP...ORPHANS, HAITI, OR WHEREVER THE LORD CALLS YOU... GO

3 comments:

Lori said...

What an awesome post! Thanks for the dose of inspiration!

Kelly said...

AMEN! :)

Martin says "Hi", by the way. I told him how good Andrew adn Gracie were doing.

I need to email you after I get back and talk about ideas for my house to help Tavi possibly. :) She is a little go getter, and I don't think anyone has told her she is blind! :) She just amazes Toni and I both. I will write about my day with her on my blog later, but we are going to see Yana right now first. :)

I am so gald that Mya is doing so well! Praise God! Andrew and Gracie are looking great too!

Christie M said...

Amen and Amen and Amen again! :)