Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary - We Love You !



































































Today is our friend and intern, Mary's b-day. She returns to Moody on Saturday and her last day with us was Wed... We said goodbye and it was really hard because she has been such a refreshing breath of joy, love, energy and her faith is lived in very real ways every day. What a blessing it was to share our summer with her and we will miss her. There are very few people who walk into your life and have some of the qualities that Mary has... You want to brush against her and let some of her joy and sweet sense of the Lord's presence "rub" off on you.
We ate pizza and chocolate cake with peanut butter icing and loved on her a bit with gifts and hugs. Thank you Jesus for our summer intern and loving us thru her beautiful spirit.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I have read your blog for a month or two now, and love it. I am 18 and have two sisters who were adopted from Guatemala. I am starting at Moody this year, to study Children's Ministry. I am really interested in Orphan Ministry and would LOVE to grow up and start an orphanage somewhere, or maybe I'll just adopt many kids, as you have done. :) Thank you for being an example of a Christian family and ministry to orphans around the world!

~Natalie

mommajeane said...

Hi Natalie. You might run into our Mary. She has this one semester to finish up her degree.. then in Jan. she is getting married. You are aspiring to a wonderful purpose in life. I would love to follow your journey...blessings for your school year !

Natalie said...

Hello again!
Because I am taking classes online this semester, I am not on campus as much, but it would be really fun to see her! :)
My family lived in Mexico last year, and I kept a blog during that time. I don't currently update it, but if you're interested you can read about some of our adventures:
www.littlefamily6.wordpress.com

Praying for your next adoption!

~Natalie