Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fried green tomatoes and Harmony's rice- out of sight....






























We had fish last nite that I was cooking while Cate prepared our fried green tomatoes. Catle will only eat a tomato that is green and fried and she loves making them. We are using the last of our garden tomatoes before a frost hits ( hard to believe that will happen with our 90 degree days). I made this rice dish that is our favorite way to eat rice. Our friend, Harmony shared it with us one time and so we just call it Harmony's rice :) Easy to make and very delicious.

Harmony's Rice :

1 cup long grain rice ( not cooked)
1 stick butter
1 can french onion soup
1 can beef consume ( I just use a little more than a cup of beef broth that I make myself)
1 small can mushrooms

Pour all the ingredients in a 13 by 9 pyrex dish , cover with tin foil and bake 1 hr at 350.

For my family I will 6 times this and make it in 2 large pyrex dishes and bake it a little longer. It is literally "out of sight " in no time. No leftovers because it is so yummy!

1 comment:

Christie M said...

That sounds like really yummy rice! I'm going to try and make it gluten free style!

It is very sweet to find that rock collection.... I'm glad you still have 2 dogs. Are there any plans for another family member that barks?
:)