Saturday, February 2, 2013

Guess who turned 30 ?

This was part of the group who was over or home celebrating Abraham turning 30 and Caleb turning 14. They had their b-days the week before but, they wanted to celebrate together...So last wknd. we had a joint party. It was the ever requested Dirt dessert and then I also made Banana Pudding.



Anyone else's family wrestle when they get together ? It is one of the kids favorite things to do at the moment...I even got down ( no pics though). 






Just plan old fun celebrating the life of these 2 guys in our family. Abraham was our first adopted child.  He came from Mexico when he was around the age of 2. He had been abandoned at an orphanage when he was about 3 months old. We gave him his birth date and have watched him grow from a toddler into an older man . I can't believe it has been that long ago when we first stepped into our journey of adoption. We have been adopting now for over 26 yrs with a time doing foster to adopt in the US. He is quite an amazing yg. man who loves music and really loves music and did I say - he loves music :) He plays a piano by ear and has perfect pitch and , he can plan any instrument . I have even seen him play a full size harp and did I mention he is blind. I was only 27 yrs old when we brought him home...3 yrs younger than he is now. He was raised with our original group of bio. kids - 6 kids in that group. He has welcomed many children since his adoption and is a great big brother.

Caleb has been home since 2008. He loves sports and is a very good student. He is found often by my side and even though he has this tough demeanor he is quite the softie at heart. I am proud of both of my boys and feel blessed to have them in my life.

No comments: