Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank you to those who left comments.....

Karla- Thank you. I love Charles Spurgeon. I have not had a chance to go yet to that site but I will. Thanks for sharing it.

Momma P R- I have not heard that about Joni and Friends.. but I would agree with her.

Hevel- It is not to me a contradiction... It is a completion but I understand where you are with this term.

Kate- I visted your blog and you live somewhat close to me. What church do you attend ?

Mary- I love your "expectant" heart- just waiting for the Lord.

Penny-We have wonderful praise and worship. It just is not enough of it.We also have been blessed by several families in our church. It is just that as a whole ( it is a large church) most don't seem to get it... and that is not just the present church we have been in... all of them.

Christie- Do you ever visit your kids that live up this way? If you do make sure we connect.

Diff. 2 this 1- We have thought the same about "helping " them to understand or change. Thanks for your encouragement about our older adopted kids. I wish more older kids were considered for adoption... we have loved them dearly ! Hope to adopt older ones again... after our 2 from Ghana who are little ones.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just two little comments (and you can decide how seriously you want to take them and whether you want to unscreen this comment): A real Messiahnic Jew knows that the Messiah hasn't come yet. And by definition of halakha, someone is a Jew if their mother is a Jew (many Messiahnic jews, therefore are not even Jewish.) I'll add to that that my brand of Judaism accepts that whoever believes that the Messiah is G-d is not a Jew. Of course we can argue about the Jewish as a religion and Jew as an ethnicity thing, but those two are covered above. :) Like where I lived as a teen we had a beautiful Messiahnic synagogue and a great number of Jews for Jesus people attended. The problem with it all is that none of them were Jews (some had a Jewish dad, but not one had a Jewish mother) plus they preached Evangelical Christianity in their synagogue with throwing a few Hewbrew names in. They didn't keep kosher, they weren't shomer Shabbat, they claimed that Yeshuah is part of the Trinity. Even if they kept kosher, it would have been nothing more than outward appearance just like their celebrating Jewish holidays. Quite a few of our holidays only make sense if you do not accept the redemption by grace alone doctrine.

Don't take me wrong, I'm not anti-Christian. It's just whoever believes the basic tennets of Christianity is a Christian in religion, even if they are of Jewish ethnicity or are Israeli nationals.

Sandra said...

MommaJeanne,

we need your help. We are thinking of going back to Ukraine for 2 teens we met this May when we adopted our daughter.

I know it is crazy because we just had our baby in February and K just came home in May. So yes, I know it is crazy. BUT we just can't forget them.

The problem is: we don't have the money to go back right now (even with the tax return). I was wondering (as you have done this more than us): how do you fundraise? do you use a facilitator or agency (so it is cheaper)? Any tips please???? thanks

Sandy
sandykassia@stny.rr.com

mommajeane said...

Hevel- I respect you and your thoughts. Most people do not really know what they believe and can support their beliefs with such passion and knowledge as you... so I have no problems with any part of what you shared.

Kate said...

I didn't realize you were in WV till I read your profile. We live in the Eastern Panhandle and go to a Four Square Church called theBridge. Where in WV are you?

mommajeane said...

Kate.. we also live in the panhandle.. Falling Waters :)