Friday, July 9, 2010

Freely we have sown and now we are reaping....







Our garden is beginning to produce food and we are enjoying it... fresh blueberries were picked this week and last. Just this week I made 150 muffins and this is all that is left . We will soon be picking over 20 cukes a day and eating all of them- yummy. Squash this and squash that... tonite it was quickly cooked with oil and onions and bacon and parmesian cheese... all gone. We are eating cucumber sandwiches and soon we hope to be eating tomato sandwiches as well... We love eating from our garden in the summer because it is always so abundant I usually don't have to limit the amount and it is so tasty.

5 comments:

Mary B. said...

Hi Jeane,

So what's a muffin recipe for 150 look like? Do muffins freeze? I'd love to make 150 so we can have them for the next 6 months! :) Do share!

Blessings over your bountiful garden and family!

Love in Christ,Mary B.

Difference2This1 said...

Very cool! I love us eating from our garden also for similiar reasons; often I can just say "eat as many xxx as you want!" Thxs for posting the squash recipe...we're drowning in giant zucchinis so it's always good to get another easy recipe to try!!

mommajeane said...

Hi Mary... muffins do freeze well.We never have any left to freeze... My recipe was a smaller one and I just 8 times it :) Actually with our family figuring out how to multiply smaller recipes to fit our needs is a huge part of my cooking... I keep a list of how many times I multiple a certain recipe to fit us on an inside cabinet door..so I don't have to figure it each time we make something.

Blueberry Muffins

1/2cup butter ( 1 stick)
2 lg. eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
3 cups flour
3 cups blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top before baking

------
Preheat oven 350
Spray pan or use muffin papers
melt the butter and add to eggs, milk,baking powder, salt and sugar-use a whisk and whip together well
Fold flour in until moistened
Gently fold in blueberries and fill muffin cups 3/4full. Sprinkle cinn. sugar on top and bake 25 minutes.

Unknown said...

Cucumber sandwiches! My favourite tea food. So tiny, so thin, so yum!

mommajeane said...

Hevel ... if you are ever down to the WV panhandle stop by...we can share some of our garden sandwiches with you.