Tuesday, July 27, 2010

" Mommy I Obey "- Obedience

Lessons of Obedience for all of us.......
From my devotion this am : A little boy came home from his Sunday school class and his mom asked what he learned. His reply spoke volumes:
"Obedience...again! "
The writer shared that even though she is much older than this young boy she would agree that obedience to God is something we must learn, sometimes reluctantly over and over again.
Oswald Chambers wrote: "The Lord does not give me rules, but He makes His standards very clear. If my relationship to Him is that of love, I will do what He says... If I hesitate, it is because I love someone I have placed in competition with Him, namely myself."
When we are obedient, we show God that we love Him and have more faith in Him than we do in ourselves. Arthur Pink said that love is " a principle of action, and it expresses itself....by deeds which please the object loved." To obey God means to relinquish what we want and to choose to do what He asks. God requires obedience of His followers, and Jesus placed great importance on it. He asked, "Why do you call Me 'Lord,Lord' and not do the things which I say?" Luke 6:46 and He issued this challenge: "If you love Me, keep My commandments".
Even as little Ezra is learning daily when he said to his mommy today at breakfast," Mommy I obey." So must we learn what His will is and obey.... What is the Lord calling to your heart today to follow Him in ? Will you be as willing as Ezra to say , "Father , I obey?"
excerpts shared from my , Daily Bread .

No comments: