Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas morning...total chaos and total joy.




























































































We even had it snowing Christmas morning...the kids were up early and could not wait to come downstairs. We had a wonderful family....Molly , Mike and puppy "Hank", Mary Kate, Keith and the girls joined us for our main meal of the day, Christmas brunch. We even took naps, played with toys, watched a movie and played games. The XBox 360 Kinect was the favorite. I recommend it. You don't need controllers and it has a camera... you can even skype on it... fun, fun day and very tired ... We were blessed with pictures of our chidren in Ghana celebrating their first Christmas... and waiting for us to come get them.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I found your blog a couple of months ago and really enjoy reading it. Thank you! We are looking into adopting from Ghana, and have had communication with the adoption agency you have used, "About a Child." They seemed very friendly and knowledgable. We are also a larger, homeschooling, adoptive family, and I am wondering if I can ask you a couple of questions in regards to adopting from Ghana. Did you have to have special permission to adopt from there having a large family, homeschooling? Also, my husband and I are both in our early 50's, and we are wondering if you are maybe close to our ages, and if you had to get special permission from Ghana for that. The reason I ask, is that the other adoption agencies we have looked at all have a cut-off age and family size, with the age being 50, and the family size being 6 children in the family. We are also wondering if you have been to the orphanage that About A Child works with, and what your impressions were of the orphanage, and the children's care. Did the children seem happy, loved, etc.? Really anything you would feel open to share with us about adopting from Ghana would be wonderful! If you would prefer to email me directly, I could send you my email address. From reading your blog, you certainly are a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing your blog. It is an encouragement to others, and really, we would never have considered adopting from Ghana if I hadn't seen that your family was able to do it, with our family situations being somewhat similar. Thanks again, Becky

mommajeane said...

Hey Becky, Why don't you email me at mommajeaneb@aol.com....I'd be happy to talk with you about Ghana.