Sunday, December 5, 2010

An orphan has no one to advocate for them... How about you ?

This is the front page of our local newspaper today...When I read it I had one of those moments of " and who" does this for an orphan ? They are bullied by older, bigger kids in their orphanages as well as adults who are suppose to be caregivers as well as the cultures they come from....in the passports ( which is a document that all citizens carry in these countries and are used for id as well as proof to do business transactions etc.- they are a bit diff. than our passport) it permanatly lists you as an orphan and so the cultural awareness that you were an orphan is always with you and believe me they are treated with some prejudice which to me is a form of bullying....Now also the very fact that you are of a certain heritage - like Roma ( Gypsy) is another reason for differing negative treatment of you which to me is bullying as well. My heart reacts deeply to this and I have always been sensitive to the person who was being bullied.... even though I myself have never experienced the bullying . Now having shared this you might ask why.....

Do you have feelings like I do? Do you desire ever to help a child that has experienced the hurt from bullies...or maybe you have been bullied. I love this Bible verse and in our SS class this am there was a question asked that has caused me to think all day and when I saw the front page of our paper it made me ask myself.... What will I do ? What will we do with what we have heard? We know the message shared the Gospel given.... What will we do with this knowledge... that is in our mind and should make us do something.... Love is a verb.


Proverbs 24:12 If you say, " We don't know anything about this," God who knows what's in your mind, will notice. He is watching you, and He will know. He will reward each person for what he has done.

There are so many children who need to be loved.....What is God calling you to do for a child this Christmas ?

2 comments:

Tony and Dawn said...

I read your post and thought about my youngest son. We had not been home but maybe 3 weeks or so and my wife asked him, "Dima, why are you eating so much?" His reply, "So I can grow strong and no one hit me any more." She hugged him and told him that now he had a momma and papa to look out for him.

Have you read David Platt's book "Radical"? It asks the same question you do - and tells you the answer. Great book.

God Bless -edog

mommajeane said...

Yes I have read his book along with Francis Chan's book Crazy Love. I recommend both of them.You and I both know the answer and I am sure the Lord's heart aches for others to as well. Thanks for commenting.