Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bible study and reading the Bible is important to us

To our family it is important that our children learn to love reading the Bible.... they participate in a Bible program at our church called Awanas... some of them are sitting down with Daddy going over their verses before church on Wed... For awhile now we have made reading your Bible and journaling the very first part of our school day... some of our kids had hand me down Bibles from their older siblings... so our Christian Book store here had a sale on Bibles and I bought everyone who needed a new one, a Bible...The kids were so excited to get them that they have been Bible reading like crazy... Caleb, Luke and Josiah even have gotten up early to read theirs.... here are Luke and Mya doing extra reading on the porch...We ususally have a family time devotion and I have been amazed at how sensitive the children have been lately... they have blessed us with their perception of what the Lord is teaching them. We make most of our decisons with lots of family input... usually shared during these times we come together...

At a recent family time I was actually blown away by my children and the love the Lord put in their hearts for another child... I journal myself and wrote down all of the Bible verses they shared. It was precious how sensitive they were to Him. I can sense the Lord is moving in their hearts and what a joy to watch as they develope their own personal relationship with the Lord.




5 comments:

Christie M said...

I love Awanas. I used to be the Sparkies Director. :)

I was looking for bibles today for the girls. I wanted to find ones at an easier reading level for them, so they can just read at an enjoyment level.
I tried to find either the NIRV or THE NLT or NCV and couldn't find anyting on sale. Reading this just reminded me to do my shopping online. :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it un when our kids are so eager to learn important things?

mommajeane said...

Hi Hevel... I have not heard from you in a long time... How is your adoption coming along? I was reading your blog awhile back and if I remember correctly you were adopting again.

Kathleen said...

I am wondering if you would share with us the Bible verses your children picked out for this situation? Reading about your family is such a blessing to me.

mommajeane said...

Kathleen..
I will tonite as a blog post :)