Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Way Out... When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you will not give in to it. 1 Corinthians 10:13


We had an issue this week that played out to a very positive learning experience and was even followed up with a devotion that I read the very next morning... I love how the Lord does that in my life.


Josiah had brought a dollar of his money to the kitchen and he said he placed it on the counter and it was gone... now my first thoughts were, "It is your own fault kiddo- don't leave money laying around to tempt someone." Of course I knew I had to address the issue of where was the dollar.... Mya had seen it in the hands of Caleb last and of course Caleb denied that. I had also taken Caleb and Jacob grocery shopping with me earlier and they had together bought themselves some donuts... Jacob has money but Caleb did not ... so this was his story," Jonas gave me the money for eating the horseradish ( we had some with our sushi and they all were trying to get someone to eat it)." Oh well what or whom was I to believe.... during the time I was questioning the "suspects" I notice that Mya is crying....


So I talked with her privately... and this was her story.. and I must say it was a precious one.. and one that we all learned a lesson about being tempted. We had been studying the question a few weeks back about ,Was Jesus tempted and if so did he sin? We learned that indeed he was but he did not sin because he did not do the temptations presented to him when he was in the wilderness... So this was sort of fresh in our minds...


Mya said she had held the dollar and Josiah knew that part... She put it in her pocket and wanted to take it... but she said," I told the devil no!" and I decided to listen to the Holy Spirit and not take the dollar. So I put it back... she has such a sweet spirit in her that she was brought to tears thinking about her response and choice to not do the wrong thing but to choose to obey what she knew was in her heart from the Holy Spirit. She shared with everyone later in the afternoon and it was an excellent "real" lesson for all of us...She did not share tears of remorse or being bad because she thought of doing it... she was crying because she had made the right choice and saw the way out that the Lord provided for her....Honestly her spirt as she was sharing was so sweet... just as if the Lord himself was speaking to us.


Then the next morning I opened my devotion and read this:


A Way Out


We will all have temptations today--that is a basic truth of the Christian Life. However, just because we have temptations does not mean we will necessarily sin. Just the opposite. Because you have temptations,you have a unique opportunity for success.


The word that Paul used here for tempted is also translated as tested. These tests can make you stronger if you seek God in them and take the way out he gives you. We need to set our heart on God and resolve that we will listen to him when temptation comes our way... He will show us an excellent way out-- a way that leads us to overcoming or victory.


The Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation. 2 Peter 2:9



1 comment:

Christie M said...

What a beautiful story of God's wisdom coming from the mouth of a little girl. Her tears of happiness in following Christ are precious.
Precious are the tears of the Saints to our Heavenly Father.