Friday, September 14, 2012

Gracie's first day of school....



Gracie had her first day of public school yesterday. Here she is waiting for the bus...a bit apprehensive. From what her teacher shared she had a good day. Although this am she was certainly not herself even before and after her medication. She delayed eating and going to the bathroom for as long as she could which is her way of control sometimes. I know she reacts to new environments and it will take time for her to adjust....We are hoping that it is a very positive experience...and if not we will bring her back home. I do have to say though  the school officials and transportation have been exceptional in their effort to help make this work for her and us. Kudos to Berkeley Co. Schools so far.

2 comments:

MARY B. said...

Wow! Big day for Gracie and the family! Is this the first time you've sent one of the kds to public school? Gracie's smile looks very reserved - I'm eager to hear about her progress and the classroom strategies that are working. I'm thinking my little guy might benefit from some special education I'm not gained in at home...his brain just stores and processes things differently...I get the feeling that I am not making sense to him sometimes by the way he looks at me and by the length of time it takes him to remember what we are working on. I fear I'm the one holding him back! My prayers go out to Gracie as she explores these new paths.
Love, Mary B.

Kathleen said...

I hope Gracie has a great year!