Sunday, April 6, 2008

An emotional week for us

My dear mom who was 84 died a week ago today... She had suffered from dementia for 6 yrs and it had been a difficult 6 yrs for my family to watch my mother as she lost her life slowly to this disease. She is at peace now and in a better place... that is our joy in the passing of a loved one who knew and believed in Jesus as their savior.... My mom had professed her faith in Jesus 20 some yrs ago at a lay share mission with Paul and I. So I do have the hope and joy of seeing my mom in the future.All of the kids are doing well with their loss ... my dad is who we feel sad for. They almost were married 64 yrs in May... A long life filled with lots of memories and love.

Ben also celebrated his 16th birthday and we are amazed at how fast time as gone by. We are very proud of him and look forward to see what the Lord is doing in his life as he is quickly maturing into a yg. man.

Luke also had back surgery to repair a myloceal ( spinal hernia) on Thursday. His surgery went well and his post op he has done fabulous as usual. He is an amazing child who endures much with little negative kick back... He came home earlier than expected and if you did not see his drainage tube ( only in his back for a few days) you might not know he had surgery.

I had my 3d reoccurance of strep throat as well... Actually I have scarlet fever... a rash with strep this time. My second time like this and 3d in just 6 weeks.... Please pray it goes away. It is hard to not feel well and to have to keep going. They have switched my medicine and a friend who was going to have her tonsils out but did not shared that she was told to gargle with listerine every nite... She did and after 7 bouts of strep in a few months she was free from it for over a yr... So tomorrow we will be buying some listerine. At this point I think I would swish with gasoline or anything.... Some of the kids are sick with colds and all as well.... So we could use prayers for health.

We have less than 8 weeks now before we leave for Ukraine... That is something I did not think we were going to be able to do at times. We have alot going on including the addition and dealing with all of last weeks things.... Our church family have been very encouraging to us... We are so grateful to them and they have made us feel loved....thru meals, cards, calls, encouraging talks and offers of help. Thank you !

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

So sorry to hear about your mom.