Monday, January 5, 2009

Now I have to add the story about how I ended my day with another blessing and why I am still up when it is 1:15am

I have been home for a few hours we did a family devotion and everyone shared about what the Lord has been showing them about Dancho and Grandad.... these children just give me so much when I hear them share.... afterwards they went to bed and it was just Mary Kate and I. Tonite 2 yrs ago we were up all nite (MK, her sisters Molly and Jenn). Mary Kate was in labor with Ava... and we were her birth team. MK and I were reflecting about it all and what a joy Ava is.... Then MK began to cry and shared how grateful she was for me and all I have done for her and Ava.... She went on but I won't share the details or my pride will get the best of me :) Then she asked me when Keith and her do get married would I be her matron of honor... she could think of no one else who had influenced her life more for Christ than me..... Both of us are crying now.... I want to share her story sometime and promise to soon... but I have seen the Lord restore her life and her heart from a very abusive and painful relationship that did give us the blessing of Ava. Mary Kate is not the woman she was 2 yrs ago... It is such an awesome thing to see the Lord at work in someones life... especially if it is one you already love. Thank you Jesus for encouraging me and giving me rest and joy today.... I have felt your presence in my life in very real and tangible ways today. You are a personal Lord and you touched me in everyway and place I needed to feel your loving spirit......

1 comment:

Christie M said...

Jeane,

I wish that every parent had your heart. :)

The one that believes the best, hopes the best....the Corinthians 13 heart.
The LOVE NEVER FAILS heart.

I have personally witnessed over many years, the destruction of another individual by a parent because the child did not live up to the parent's expectations in regards to relationships. I personally have seen people take their children up front in the church and parade their humiliation for all to see and I saw their unbridled anger and unforgiveness towards their children. (not a very pretty picture) You see, they weren't thinking past the moment, the day and then the poor little grand children are rejected too.
THIS IS WITHIN THE "CHRISTIAN CIRCLES".... and ashamadly within the home school movement of which I am a part.

BLESS YOU DEAR LADY for showing a better way. A better example. A Christ like example. The result is quite evident.