Friday, November 11, 2011

This is the Main Street where Paul and I went to college....and where he



 asked me to marry him :) This was my birthday present today...just a little late but we both had a great time remembering and the drive here was beautiful.We went to Frostburg State College for our first 2 yrs...We had dated 5 yrs before that- childhood sweethearts . Paul was a semester ahead of me and I followed him to college. He left to attend WVU's Forestry program after I was there 3 semesters . He would drive down from WVU on weekends and it was on one of those trips that he proposed to me.

Today we drove around and then went to Grantsville to the Penn Alps Restaurant. There is an artisan Village on the same property that we have visited before. The last time was 10 yrs ago...There is a potter, Lynn Lais whom we met. He was there today and it was good to reconnect. We bought 2 pieces of his pottery to remember our day. It was a special day spent with my favorite guy.

3 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i remember your trip to the potter last time...wow, 10 years goes by fast. so glad you and dad took the trip!

Stacey said...

This picture took me by surprise! This is my stomping ground. I live in Frostburg and Grantsville is where I attend church and work!

So neat to know that you were engaged on the very street that I travel so often!

Happy Birthday and anniversary to you both.

Stacey said...

And I might add...Penn Alps has just about the tastiest salad! I love it! I know you had a good dinner. =)