Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I was tagged twice recently... and so I will answer both

I am not to with it when it comes to my blog so here is my very feeble attempt to answer the tag issue. THE RULES::* Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog.* Share 7 little known facts about yourself on your blog.* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.* Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Well here goes:

1. I am not a picky eater at all. I especially love fruits and veggies. My favorite food would be a pasta with some shrimp in it with lots of veggies.

2. I love to eat out... does not matter where either. McDonalds to Red Lobster or someone's home. It all tastes better when someone else cooks :)

3. I love gift cards... my family hates to give them but I think they are wonderful. They want to buy "something" instead of a gift card. Seems to easy and my brother thinks it shows a lack of caring or something but I think they are the best. We use a Discover Card for purchasing everything... food, gas, clothes because we get rewards... gift cards. I have a seperate wallet in my purse to hold all of our reward gift cards.... 25, 50 dollars at lots of wonderful places. This is one way Paul and I go out for our date nites by using these extra rewards.

4. Gardening is my favorite "down" time activity. We grow a large garden in the summer of vegatables mostly for fun... meaning we do not depend on it for food but it does help. Nothing like fresh tomatoes and cukes. I have a peace garden in the front yard, and lots of flowers all over our 2 acres. We live on 2 beautiful acres that was an old orchard... great soil.

5. I also love nature.. I am an avid bird watcher and feeder. Paul's degree was in natural resource management- He was a park naturalist. So we both share in this love of God's creation.

6.My favorite family vacation spot is the beach- the Outer Banks of North Carolina... all of us love this place. We usually go once a year and have fond memories of it. We have been going there now for 19 yrs.

7. Now my favorite place to go to and has been for many years is to an orphanage. We spent our anniversary once in Russia for our first adoption trip when we adopted Anna and Mya. When Paul called me to share that we had gotten travel dates for our first trip ( when Russia required 2 trips) he said,"How would you like to celebrate in Moscow?" I was so thrilled... you would think after having so many children it would get old but nope that is not the case. We love playing with all the kids... yes it is sad but we feel we have shared some rays of hope and light to the ones we have been in.

Now I am suppose to tag 6 other blogs but I am not. Mostly because all the blogs I could have either just did this or will be thru one of my daughters or friend's blog... so sorry about that part. Maybe one of my readers or all could just consider by reading mine that they are tagged... It is wonderful to get to know some of these things so come on......

1 comment:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

thanks for being such a good sport mom! but...i didn't learn anything new =) hehe. i guess i was just reminded of some of the reasons why i love you...