Thursday, October 2, 2008

I forgot to mention that Abraham is blind..

If you read my blog from the beginning you would know this. If you just read this page you would not.. that is what makes his piano playing even more amazing. He has been blind since birth...Dr. Maumenee at Wilmer Eye at Hopkins has followed Abraham since he came home. She thinks that he has Norres disease which is a congenital disease carried by females and given to only the male children (similar to hemophelia) . He also suffered a severe beating at the age of under 2 . He was in a body cast and had both of his legs broken... the doctors think that contributed some to his medical issues. He has some minor brain damage with a learning disability because of the beating. This again just adds to the amazement... he has a genuine , soft and gentle heart.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm tagging you in the blogger game "6 random things about me". You write 6 things about yourself and then tag 6 other bloggers! Enjoy!

Shelley said...

Can you do a blog post about all the various diabilities and challenges that your kids face? Your family is such an inspiration to me and as I read about your kids, I realize that I don't know half of what they're dealing with/dealt with to get where they are today.