Sunday, November 2, 2008

November is National Adoption Month




One of the things our family is doing is to wear these buttons we made for the month of November. We wear them everywhere and the kids are wonderful with their answers when someone asks them about the button.... " Because I have a family, Because it saved me, I got adopted and now I know Jesus, Every child deserves a family, Because momma loves kids, Because I am loved."




I would encourage you all to celebrate this month the opportunity for a child's life to be changed, to give life to a child or at the least support the adoption of a child in other ways... there are so many children who need the love and protection of a family.... won't you please consider opening your heart and home to a needy child?




I will share the other ways you can help the cause of adoption even if you don't feel lead to adopt...please prayerfully consider how you can give life to a child in a very real and tangible way.

5 comments:

Christie M said...

Thanks for the reminder! All 7 of our kids are adopted. (our 4 bios were adopted by my husband after we married)

Mike and Gail said...

Where did you get the stuff to make these wondeful buttons. I did not know that Nov was national adoption month. We came home Nov 17, 07 with our new girls.

Wish I had money to go back for 2 more. :)
God willing someday we will. :)

mommajeane said...

Hi Gail...I will answer both of your questions here. The dessert is called Dirt Dessert and is a favorite with all the kids. I can email you the recipe and will if you like. The "dirt" is crushed oreo cookies, and the creme part is whip cream and cream cheese and pudding... topped with gummy worms.

The buttons I bought from a craft store- Michaels. We printed pics of the kids and wrote, "Ask me why I love adoption."

Mike and Gail said...

yes, could you email me the receipe. It looks so yummy. I think it would be fun to make. How do you do it with all these kiddos. I seem to get overwhelmed at times. I am learning, as we went from 3 to 7 in 2 years. All teenagers now. God as my strength. They are learning who God is too. Some are grasping and some don't want too. Lots of prayers. It makes my heart smile when they understand the love of Jesus Christ.

kim said...

We have 4 biological sons and have been feeling the tugging to adopt a couple more. Just wondering where to start when you don't have a lot of money - we just have a lot of love to give.