Tuesday, November 25, 2008

You know what I loved about Sunday and sharing in church

There were 2 things that brought joy to me when I shared in church on Sunday..... the first was after we had shared at the first hour service, Jonas was by me and he said, "Mom it worked". Leah and Joseph heard him and they piped in with, "I saw so many people crying mom when we were up there... I counted at least 50 people crying." What they felt was evidence of something working or moving the people's hearts was the tears the kids saw... It was very touching that they would pick up on that part and then to have Jonas think "It worked" was precious.

The second thing I loved was that some of our older kids had asked if they could share some about adoption and what it meant to them... There was not enough time but I was moved to think that they wanted to speak in front of our large church about their life and family.

3 comments:

Tony and Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing with all of us out here in never, never land. Tonight, our church had a special Tuesday night Thanksgiving service where I was asked to share our adoption story. Parts of it were very tough to share because it is personal. However I did make it through. As I read more and more blogs of people who have found there "lost" children, I find we have mush in common. For instance, I served on the board of our local crisis pregnancy center for three year.

God bless and don't quit sharing your story - somebody is always listening.

Christie M said...

Oh how I pray the Church will catch the vision..... :)

What an awesome opportunity!
I need to email you. :)

ArtworkByRuth said...

O Wow! I can't wait to hear the older kids talk too! God is so good to use us despite ourselves sometimes! Praying there is fruit from the seeds you planted and watered!