Friday, September 5, 2008

God's Provision Always

We get asked all the time," How do you do it?".... my answer is God always provides when He calls you to something His provision is there ALWAYS. I have 3 stories that have happened... 2 of them tonight and one about 2 yrs ago that shows this.

The first one happened when I was grocery shopping at Sam's Club 2 yrs ago... When I went to pay, my dear husband had taken the check book out and it was not in my purse. I checked for other forms of payment... and guess what the credit card that they accepted was also with my dear husband.... So now I am thinking I will just have to walk out without the food. It was close to the time they were closing so going home and coming back was not an option.... A man behind me stepped up and offered to pay for my bill. It was around $200.00... so not a casual offer. I was stunned... He gave the cashier his credit card.... I asked him a few questions and of course thanked him. I asked what do you do? He said he was a pastor :) I had some of the kids with me and he remarked," I was watching your family and you have a precious family." I then shared even more of our story to him and others who had gathered around.... We mailed him a check later with pics.

Tonight I had rented 2 movies... one for the little kids and one for the older ones. When Paul came home he had done the same.... and he had rented the same one for the little ones... When Mary Kate went to pick them up at Redbox ( we reserved online) the Mermaid movie would not dispense so we did not get charged for it....

Finally tonight I was shopping again at Sam's Club. I needed garlic salt. We looked all over for it where we usually get it. I cook with this daily so it was needed. Naty even moved the boxes on the shelf looking for it... We did not even see the price signs where it would have been on the shelf... So I thought I will have to stop at a Martins and buy some. We walked down 2 more aisle and sitting on a can of saurkraut was just one container of garlic salt... only one and not in the spice aisle....Right on the corner as if someone had placed it there... Of course I am jumping up and down and talking more loudly now with the kids... "Look God provided the garlic salt for us." No doubt in our hearts that He did just that. :)

These are minor things but how wonderfully amazing is our Lord who cares even about the little things in our lives.... This happens all the time.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Mommajeane,
Thanks for these stories. They warmed my heart and made me smile. Just more confirmation that our Lord does provide! I have many stories similar...I should put them together on our blog. Great idea!
Laurel Boylan

ArtworkByRuth said...

Wow, what an example and encouragement you are to find God in every day things. Sometimes I find at the end of the day wishing I had slowed down enough to pay attention...so he usually wakes me in the night to talk with me LOL!

Christie M said...

What an encouragement!
I needed that tonight. :)