Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thank you Lord for Leah and Jacob today !


Today this am I had to drive the 2hrs to Baltimore for Lily, Anna and Gracie's eye check up with our opthamologist. I never usually take anyone extra because Anna can help me if needed... Just about 10 minutes away Gracie's motion sickness got the best of her and the worst of us..... She threw up all over herself and her carseat and the car 2 times :) Today Jacob and Leah wanted to go and I said yes.... boy am I ever glad that I said yes. I honestly believe in God's providence in my life.... Because had it just been the 4 of us... we would not have made our appointment ( after driving 2 hrs). When we got off the exit there were police everywhere and roads were blocked... very unusual. We got to the campus ( poor Gracie just sitting in puddles of puke) and the car reeking of ughh! and there were police everywhere there. We used handiwipes to wipe off the red color on Gracie's clothes but she stunk... so we all went up to the office and I asked for some trash bags and paper towels... I sent Leah and Jacob to the van while I went on for our appointment.... They were terrific... honestly the van did not smell on the way home and we bagged the car seat. I took off Gracie's clothes and hand washed them with soap ( only on the l side and butt) and spread smelly hand sanitizer all over them and her :) We made it on time and the van was cleaned up for our ride home.... Also all 3 had great news at their eye check ups and so it was a good trip considering.... Also my oil light had come on about 1 hr into the drive... saying it was on -21 after being on 5 % life ( whatever this means) I called Paul who is in Colorado all week on business because I was afraid it would break down. He reassured me it was fine... When I came out of our appt. the van was clean and we started home.... I stopped for gas and now the oil was saying -148 and kept going as I drove... I am thinking just get us home!!!! It went up to - 186 and it goes for an oil change Friday...
This was our day so far and tonite I will be thanking the Lord with the kids when we do devotions for watching out for us as we traveled.... I have no doubt that He did. I also have no doubt that maybe Leah and Jacob will think twice before going with me to Baltimore again... at least with Gracie in the car :)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Oh poor Gracie! I get travel sick too. I really recomend sea-bands. http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm I was sick on almost every other car journey as a child and they really helped.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

oh my, i can really empathize with you. throw up by itself is awful. throw up in the car (unplanned for) is the worst! so glad you made it through the day!