Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July from the Briggs Bunch....






















We have had a wonderful and special 4th of July... Our church service was an all out worship and celebration of our country and the fact that our founding fathers were Christian and made sure the Christian values were instilled in our founding documents... In God we trust. Our service was a complete celebration of all of our military and a remembrance of what it has cost for our freedoms here in the USA... There was lots of patriotic music , special videos, recognition of the military in our service, a skit, part of the Gettysburg Address was read and an orchastra played ... they even had someone play the taps... that is when I totally lost it... I was remembering the cost of peoples lives, relationships and all families have gone thru to perservere our freedoms... I can worship when and how I want, I can share my differing views about gov't positions, I can express my faith or views without feeling a threat of retaliation from our gov't... I was remembering my daddy when the choir sang the Navy's song and all the serviceman who served stood up because he was in the Navy during WWII. I was moved to tears thinking about all of our children from Mexico, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria and soon Ghana... and what it means now for them that they are US citizens... so much more opportunity, health and appreciation for who they are in the US. They are valued and given rights and encouragement to be the best they can be... with lots of support... I know everytime I return from our adoption trips overseas I am so grateful to be living in the USA. I cry when we touch down...So tonite and all of today we have celebrated that Gracie and Andrew are not only our children but US citizens... thank you Lord for the gift of this country.

No comments: