Friday, January 20, 2012

MIA - in NC :) How the Lord Provides








It was the biannual consignment sale in NC time this week. So Mary Kate, Cate, Joseph and I traveled down to Jenn's Wed. ( after my post op - which I hope to share soon about). Since Jenn's family has had strep and she ran Ezra to the doctor and he was positive for it on Tuesday ...We decided not to stay at Jenn's house - since I "pick" it up so easily...We rented a hotel room and just went to see their new home and love on the "grand" babies for just a little bit. Actually this trip is always a fast one and the intent is not for playing with the grandkids...So hard not to do because they are so darn cute :) Especially Zoe...pictures to follow tonite. Anyway we got in early this am 1:30am - exhausted but not disappointed. I tell you if you live anywhere near the Raleigh/Durham area it is worth a visit to this sale held on the fair grounds. Today thru Sunday it is free. We got to go in yesterday because Jenn consigned . We make it a day there and I feel like a kid in a candy store....I came home with so much for so little. This time I even attempted some clothes buying. ( I get too overwhelmed with as many kids as we have now- 30) . So I narrow it down to a few things...This time it was for dresses for my little girls and some summer outfits. I also got Andrew many toys to encourage him to the next level..Things that require him to pull, push or interact to get the desired activity that he loves. Honestly who needs to purchase expensive assistive toys...Just use your head a bit you can come up with lots of ideas for way less. At least it has worked well for our family and helping our kiddos who need toys to encourage their developement.

We do this 2 times a year and each time we look forward to it. I see it as a way the Lord provides for our family. I have shared how I have no doubt of his blessings when we have stepped out in obedience to His will for us. As we stepped into yet another adoption with our 3 blessings from Ghana I have been amazed at how the Lord once again is providing for us to be able to bring home 3 sweet children...and what a special time for our daughter, Selah who will be reunited with her twin sister and twin younger brothers.

5 comments:

Christie M said...

I remember when you went to NC last year. I missed you by a week! You are earlier this year. :)

Hope Harder said...

just wondering why Selah was seperated from her twin to begin with? I don't know if you can share that or not. I'm glad to hear they will be together again.

Claire said...

Excellent!Special needs toys are stupidly expensive.

I wondered if you had heard of intensive interaction. It can really help kids/adults who do not often initiate communication with other people.

mommajeane said...

Claire- Actually I had not but we do that type of teaching or communication teaching with many of our kids. I read about it after your comment and we already are doing alot of the suggestions...Thanks for sharing about this . I got some extra ideas to use.

mommajeane said...

Hope- No we do not know why they were seperated. We were told that she was with the aunt.We have our thoughts about where she may have been or why. Rita looks like she was living a hard life wherever she was. She is skinny and just looks "rough" and hard in her pictures...except the newest one we got when she was at court for our adoption. We see a sweet smile come onto her face...We are so looking forward to getting them home and together again.