Thursday, November 18, 2010

Revisiting the football and reading post :)






















I looked over to Luke the other am and saw this....:) Now that is a football fan. Then I saw that each child was reading a pile of books from my own personal collection of Christmas books... yes we did something I have never done before... We decorated our home before Thanksgiving which included bringing out the holiday books and music and we all are so enjoying it. I am so excited for the holidays this year....Watching old Christmas movies, reading , building fires in the fireplace... the smell of our tree... I have lots of "fake" trees around the house but our main tree is always a "real" tree that we go to a farm and cut down. Paul would not have it any other way... When we were first married he sold Christmas trees and won't let me buy a fake one because he has lots of fond memories of those times and he used to have a dream of owning and running a Christmas tree farm one day.........We watched our first movie tonite- A Christmas Carol ... memories... aahh I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Fun, fun!! We have decorated early this year too. Our real tree will be a week late this year. Yikes!! I love a real tree it is worth all the fuss..... there is just nothing better. :) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!