Saturday, December 11, 2010

Uncle Luke...

When Jenn and Jeremiah were up we had lots of discussions with thier kids and Ava about , "She is my sister or brother".... meaning our little kids like Mya, Luke, Gracie and Andrew are Jenn's and Mary Kate's sisters and brothers...but to their little ones thinking that was hard because they are more like cousins... and in reality if we were a "normal" family that would be the case but we are not the "normal" family....imagine how it will be when our 3 little ones come home from Ghana at 2 yrs , 3 yrs and 5 yrs of age :) Also some of our children are "mini" in size and our grand children are quickly over growing them in size ( Mya and Luke in particular are 9 yrs old but look more like 3 and 4 ys old by their size). So even though they are not called Aunt Mya or Uncle Luke that is what they are :)

1 comment:

eliz said...

Hi! Jeane, My youngest birth child is 6, his other birth sibs are 34,31 and 29! (our kids that are adopted are 7-35 yrs old) My oldest granddaughter is 13!(we have 8 grands) After I delivered my last baby some of my grands came up to the hospital to see my baby, the nurses said it was funny to hear "we are going to see Grandma's baby!" LOL! We also have our group home adults who live with us and are always a part of our family. Two of the gals have lived with us 24 years now! They have family that takes them for holidays, so we wait for them to be here when we celebrate! :o) We couldn't celebrate without them! One of our daughters who we adopted as an infant 20 years ago is now the Guardian of one of the group home gals who is 53 yrs old! I am also raising 2 granddaughters now ages 7&8, they are from my 2nd birthdaughter. The grands had to learn that they are not that birth daughters sisters! So far everyone just "gets it" about who's who!! Or the toddlers just accept it! Now my kid's in-laws are another story! They think we are nuts!
Just wanted to share. I love reading about your family, thanks for sharing!