Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy birthday Leah and Jacob






Tonite we celebrated Jacob's day of birth....He worked earlier and when he came home Paul and I took him out to dinner to the Outback . He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy . He turned 20 today...He was our first adoption of the beginning of our 9 yr journey to adopt 21 of our 22 children that we have adopted. He was 11 when he came home . We were actually in Russia during this time and we celebrated his 11 th birthday in Vladikavkaz, Russia. Happy Birthday Jacob !

On Sunday we celebrated Leah's 18th day of birth. If you remember my post of her first birthday with us which was actually the first birthday she ever had someone celebrate was when she turned 13. She had such a difficult time sharing what she wanted for her b-day and what she wanted to eat on her b-day. It hit me she felt not worthy to have her life celebrated. After much assurances we were going to celebrate she told me she wanted chicken with bones ( I usually cook with boneless, skinless chicken) . It took her about 30 minutes to decide on what she wanted us to give her for her birthday. At the time we were considering and praying about a child we wanted to adopt. We had his picture by my computer. Leah went over to that picture and brought it to us and said," I know what I want for my birthday. I want you to adopt this boy."  Of course we all were in tears at the heart of our daughter, Leah. She got it at the young age of 13. Happy Birthday Leah !

No comments: