Saturday, March 8, 2014

Striving - Save your best striving for seeking my face


Often when we are in the middle of an adoption I find myself striving...aching to have my child home. Or if we were moving to a new place to have my house sold, or if I am in the middle of a medical issue to have it be over and healing to begin. It is not hard to strive for things especially things that are " good " things to strive for. However , we miss so much when find ourselves like this. I loved this devotion from Jesus Calling I had this morning :

Save Your Best Striving For Seeking My Face. I am constantly communicating with you. To find Me and hear My voice, you must seek Me above all else. Anything that you desire more than Me becomes an idol. When you are determined to get your way, you blot Me out of your consciousness . Instead of single - mindedly pursuing some goal, talk with Me about it. Let the Light of My Presence shine on this pursuit, so that you can see it from My perspective. If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it. If it is contrary to My will for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart. See Me First and foremost ; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece.

1 Chronicles 16 :11 Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.

No comments: