Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Food the way to my children's hearts :)

I have shared before that one of the ways I love on my family is to fix food for them.... We have very lively meal times and the kids enjoy helping to make the food and always to eat it :) This is one of our favorites : It is called Peppy Parmesian Pasta... I love it because it is so simple and fast to make and everyone loves to eat lots . It is great hot or cold and cheap to make too. You cook the noodles (spaghetti) put in pepperoni slices ( we've made it with shrimp too), black olives, garlic minced,olive oil and parmesian cheese- I season it with garlic salt to taste.
The almost empty bowl is an apple salad I made up that is another crowd pleasure... it is 10 lbs of apples, lg.- 2 lbs. vanilla yougart, cinnamon sugar, craisins and crushed nuts ( I use walnuts or pecans). Then of course the picture with Mya is the always asked for Dirt Dessert .































This is Jacob, Jonas and Caleb making sausage balls the day before Easter for our breakfast. They are 1 lb bulk sausage, 1 cup bisquick and 1 cup shredded cheedar cheese- bake 350 for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked. Of course we 4 to 6 times this for our family.
They love to help and always love to eat :) What are some favorites of your family meals.






5 comments:

Kathleen said...

We love to make homemade pizza together. Our favorite family night would be to make pizza, eat it, and play games together. Fun!

Christie M said...

That pasta dish sounds delicious!
Thanks for the great recipes!

I love those large bowls... are they possibly from Sams? :)

mommajeane said...

Yes those bowls are from Sams...I have all my regular pots and pans from when I was married put away... we now only use the very large bowls :)

Difference2This1 said...

My kids are dying to know how you make your "dirt dessert"...they were in awe of it when I showed them the photo! :) Of course, I think they think if we get your recipe, they will get that amount! Our favorite "easy" recipe is ground beef and shredded cabbage browned together then mixed up with steamed rice from the rice cooker. They put ketchup or soy sauce on top...I have to make a vat of it when I make it as they love it so much. But above all (even above their huge love of rice!) our entire family LOVES Mexican food. Burritos, tacos, enchaladas, spicy beans, salsa..you'd think our Asian kids were born elsewhere as they can certainly put down the Mexican food! :)

Jodi said...

I made the pasta the other night- NUM. I have the meatballs in the oven right now :) thanks:)