Friday, May 28, 2010

Blessed Is the Believer...


There is so much peace in simply believing, and just knowing that God will do as He said. Certainly, it is not always easy to simply rest in God's promises. Your mind will strive to think of every obstacle that could impede you.


When we believe--- really fully trust that God will do as He says, we will experience a deep, abiding peace that will truly bless us. We will know His presence and power in a way that will amaze everyone.

Luke 1:45 says, You are blessed, because you believed that the Lord would do what He said.

I know families in the middle of decisions, asking what to do or how to make the next step... Paul and I have experienced the blessings of the Lord fully in our life.. thru our daily walks and thru our hearts for the orphans. He has blessed us more than we can imagine when we have been called to fulfill a purpose that He has given us.... He has always provided... sometimes in pretty amazing ways and sometimes in ways we did not expect and sometimes in ways that we would not choose but, after seeing His hand all over the situation we have been encouraged to go on...

I am often asked this one question, " How do you do it?" My answer is , " I believe simply and I know that the Lord will do what He has said. I usually do not walk in fear or struggle with doubt... I have seen the mighty hand of God too many times....

I suggest to those of you reading my blog to journal. I have been journaling now for over 25 yrs.. I write about my days but for the past few years I write alot of scripture. I share my requests and my joys with the Lord. Paul and I were strongly convicted to walk our life much like George Mueller did. We pray... I express my needs, desires and joys thru my journal and I pray. If God desires to bless us with the provision of what is needed to adopt, feed the family, get something that is needed but we don't have we pray.... When it is written in my journal I can revisit it when my faith struggles and I begin to doubt... I know the Lord's voice and feel his breath on me when I spend time with Him....and He always confirms thru scripture " What we should do or how we should proceed." If it is written in my journal than I have it always in front of me to encourage me... no matter what I am going thru.

Even at a young age, Mary understood that there is so much peace in simply believing and knowing that God will do as He said....

Dear God, I want to have Mary's faith, the kind that believes the impossible....and knows your voice and feels your breath upon our lives.

No comments: