Thursday, May 6, 2010

Would you like to meet them?







These are our 2 sweethearts waiting for us in Ghana... It is an easy program. I am actually amazed about the dossier and how the Lord is so evident already in their adoption. We should have our home study done next week and everything else is done for our dossier. We will mail it overnite. When they get it court "should" be within a month. Because of her tumor they are expediting the process and we are here as well. We have the money for the adoption ( which is amazingly provided for in the death of my dear daddy last year in May). Actually I can not think of a better way to honor him than thru the adoption of children. He shared so much of his love for children and was the best daddy ever. I know he is rejoicing as he is watching this unfold. We could be traveling in July or August. This might go down as the fastest international adoption I know of... Although the Lord blessed us with a very quick adoption when we adopted Jacob, Isacc and Lily from Russia in 2002. We heard about them at the end of June and we were in Russia on Sept. 5 and brought them home Sept. 23....Jacob had severe scoliosis and was having trouble breathing...Our little girl's tumor needs to be seen soon as well because it can affect her airways and eating. Our wonderful ENTs at Hopkins have already looked at her pictures and are eagerly waiting for us to bring her home and are supporting our expediting process.
We do have some prayer requests: Obviously for the health of these 2 until we can bring them home. Also Jenn and Jeremiah may be traveling around the same time to bring their little guy home and finally Mary Kate is due at the end of June... and I am going to be a birth coach for her ( yeah!) so once again our life is hopping full of activity... Did I mention the word that we think best describes our life- INTENSE, but we function best that way for some reason. When I was in nursing I loved the ER setting.. I work well when things are intense... So I guess the Lord has always prepared me for this wonderful life.

9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Wow! That is fast. I'm so glad your new little sweeties won't have to wait long for you.

Shelley said...

Awww....congrats again!!! So glad to hear that things will move quickly for you this time. Our Serbian adoption was very quick...102 days from the day we said, "Let's go to Serbia" to Gotcha Day. The time between our home study being signed and being home with Grifyn was less than 60 days! Fast is SO much more fun, in my very biased opinion!!!

Now....what are their NAMES??????

mommajeane said...

They come home with their given names- that is the way Ghana does it... We have not settled on their names yet... We have some ideas but I will share when we do. Naming a child to us is a blessing and we feel we want to get it right for some reason. I know naming is important to you all as well. I agree fast is so much better... been there and done both as have you.I loved your post on bonding on your blog.

Unknown said...

Our adoption from disruption went very fast: from first meeting with social worker on Dec 23 to court in the States March 29.

Jodi said...

What beautiful children! I can't wait to follow your journey to them and watch them grow in the love of your family.

I'm sure your father is smiling down on you :)

Jodi

Difference2This1 said...

It will be a blessing to follow your journey to bring home these precious children. Thank you for continuing to share the wonderful ways He is leading you to His children.

Kelly said...

I am so happy for you and blessed to see a glimpse of your family, and your heart, from following your blog! They are beautiful children, and will find themselves enveloped with all the love your family has to share! :)

Amanda said...

They are beautiful!! I can't wait to watch their transformation. I agree names are a big deal here too and still working on our next ones names too. Thanks for letting us have just a glimpse of your family!!

A. Gillispie said...

My sister (Nichole aka Mia's Mom) directed me to your blog today since you are adopting from Ghana. My husband and I have adopted two kiddos from Ghana. Welcome to "the club!" I'll be praying with you that everything goes through as quickly as you anticipate. When we adopted our daughter last year (HIV+) it only took 5 months from referral to homecoming--so it can happen! Email anytime at agillispie@cox.net.

Anita
www.gillispiefam.blogspot.com