Thursday, August 19, 2010

She just draws them into her....



























Having a baby around is not only lots of fun it is lots of therapy for the children. They are learning so much... as they did from having Ava around. Helping to care for her, holding her and playing with her and even changing her diapers are all important things to learn. How to be gentle and to comfort a baby are qualities some of my kids did not themselves receive when they were in their family or orphanages. It is a blessing to watch how a little baby whom they love has the ability to "teach" them about many things they did not experience. This is one reason that I think having younger kids in our family has helped our older teen adoptions to transition so well into our family. I have shared about this before... one of my favorite pictures of Joseph at the age of 15 almost 16 when he came home is of him playing in the kitchen set with Mya and Luke. He was able to "play" like a 3 yr old with them and save his dignity because " he was just keeping them happy" :)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

I agree, there's nothing in the world like having a baby around! You lucky ducks :)

And boy, she is one beautiful little girl.

Amanda said...

This makes me smile!! It is amazing how much they can learn from a baby!! I so, agree....... my sister has a 2 month old baby and Anya has now started playing with her doll baby because she sees how it is done. Love it!! :)

Christie M said...

She is just so cute! And they are all so cute looking at her. :)