Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Praises being sung here today - God grants us our deepest heart's desires

 This is Selah holding our final approvals I 797 for her 3 bio. siblings. We got the actual letters in the mail last week but the embassy in Ghana did not respond to our requests to pick up the kids visa packets...until today ! After we got our Senator and the State Dept. involved because of our son, Samuel's ill health we got the best news today...well almost the best news...the embassy has agreed to expedite our case and we should be traveling soon to pick up the kids .


I wanted to share my devotion from tonite. It always amazes me as how pertinent to my life my devotions are.

Better Than You Can Imagine

You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us: none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.
Psalm 40:5

What would you like to be doing in ten years? Perhaps you have a picture in mind of what the perfect future looks like. Interestingly, many people who achieve all their goals find that their success was not as satisfying as they thought it would be.

Yet there are those who've forgotten their own plans in order to pursue God. As David testified in Psalm 40, they discover a life full of purpose and love-abundant in hope and wonder.

Friend, you can imagine great things, but God's plans for you are infinitely better than all of them. So pursue and obey him. He'll grant your heart's deepest desires and never disappoint you.

I did not hide your rightousness in my heart; I spoke about Your faithfulness and salvation; I did not conceal Your constant love and truth from the great assembly.
Psalm 40:10

I can testify to pursuing the Lord's will for your life and that when I did God has granted my heart's deepest desires and has never disappointed me. I am so overcome by His love for these precious children that He has given to Paul and I...Thank you Lord for giving us these children. I thank you that your plans for me are far better than anything I can envision. I'm excited about the great things you are doing.

1 comment: