Monday, May 7, 2012

The Blessings of Growth












These were the fruits of our trip to Lancaster last week....If you have been a reader of my blog you know that I love to garden. My daddy loved it and some of my favorite memories of my childhood are hanging with him while we gardened. I also love to make our home a peaceful, and calm place for us to experience...part of the way I do that is with plants. So I see them as an investment into all of our lives in our family. The lower picture are some of the plants we will put in our vegtable garden this weekend. We grow veggies for fun not for relying on them for our food because sometimes it is a bust ( usually depending on who is in charge of watering and if we are traveling for an adoption :) Some of our adoptions I have been gone for 4 to 6 weeks and so I am not home to oversee it all. Anyway I thought these pics were great for the devotion I read this am:

The Blessings of Growth- Titus 2: 10 That they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior in all things.

Since Christians are already entitled to Heaven and will attain perfection on day in God's presence, why is spiritual growth necessary ? There are a number of reasons :

First, it glorifies God.

Second, it verifies salvation. External change demonstrates an internal change of heart.

Third, it is a good testimony. Spiritual growth puts the truth of God on display for others to see.

Fourth, it provides assurance. When we progress spritually, we see God at work in our lives, and that helps our confidence in our salvation ( 2 Peter 1:10 )

Fifth, it spares us unnecessary sorrow. Lack of growth toward godliness results in pain and sorrow.

Sixth, it protects the cause of Christ from Reproach.

And last, it make us useful for serving in the church.

So continue to grow and be a blessing to those you meet.

1 comment:

Christie M said...

I love this fragrant post. :)