Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Microwave chocolate cake in a mug...cooking lesson today



 Oh course Mady wanted one more

 Then we made coconut, pineapple smoothies- yummy.


I was on pinterest last nite and saw the recipe for the microwave mug cakes . I don't use my microwave ever for baking so I was a bit skeptical this would work...It was so easy and my oh my did it taste great. If you are hungry for a warm, snack at nite this would work. I decided to turn it into a math and reading lesson - Ava was my primary student with other helpers ( and tasters). Here is the recipe :

Coffee mug
4 tbsp flour ( make sure you measure it right)
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened coccoa
2 tbsp whisked egg- 1 egg is too much, 1 egg white is too eggy. 1 yolk is too dense...but 2 tbsp. is just right.
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp chocolate chips
splash of vanilla or other flavoring
----------------------------------

Mix all the ingredients and put in mug. Microwave depending on the wattage of your microwave.
microwave 700 watt/ 4 min
microwave 1000 watt/3 min
microwave 1500/ 2 min 35 sec

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The little ones are really cute! I hope they became really great bakers someday!

Regards,
Haley McAdams
Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server