Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Jet lag... aagh for Paul and I

I am so tired at specific times of the day... where I almost hit a brick wall. I was like this last July but I do not remember from our other trips... I guess it is like giving birth... you forget the negatives when you are holding the baby.... I also get very hungry at about 3 pm .. so I eat a snack :) It takes me a good week to get back to feeling normal. I have been waking up very early and have even gotten up at 5 am to start my day... which usually for me starts at 7 or 7:30... On Wed. we take Andrew to the pediatrician ... he is on seizure medicine but we were told he does not need to be and in his medicals did not have one listing of a seizure but the director/doctor gave us the medicine and told me to let the American doctors wean him off... I have spoken with our neurologist's and the plan is for our pediatrician to call the neurologist after our visit tomorrow and decide what to do next.... I have a post as soon as I am not so tired at nite about medicals and referrals. Because it was a total surprise to us that Andrew was on seizure medicine or even had seizures... for us it did not change our desire to adopt him ( I know for some parents it would though) ... it just would have been good to know so I would already have made his neurologist's appt. before we got him.... sort of like knowing if your unborn child has a medical issue before you give birth so you can prepare the best way possible to help the baby when they are born.... it would not make us decide to have an abortion... because we are prolife... just a better way to bring the baby into the world with us educated about the medical condition the baby has....More later on this subject and what our doctor shares tomorrow.

4 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Welcome Home! (I'm behind on my blogs!) So sorry for this surprise! I bet he didn't even get it consistently at the orphanage! Praying for full healing none the less! HUGS and energy sent your way!

Jodi said...

Hope you feel 'normal' again soon! I sure hope Andrew's appt. goes well, he is never far from my thoughts :)

Jodi

Kelly said...

I second prayers for a good appt. for Andrew!

Sorry getting back to normal is proving tiring! I can only imagine. I like my schedules!

Be sure and visit my blog. New info, and a new pic of Yana... new to me anyway! :)

Envyshope said...

So glad you are back safely. Anxious to hear about Andrew's appt. Will be praying for all of you until then. Blessings!