Sunday, December 6, 2009

My husband loves a real Christmas Tree




































































































































No amount of persuasion would change his mind this year... since we are leaving in just 4 days to pick up our children in Bulgaria and we won't return until late Christmas eve... I suggested that maybe this year for our main tree we could get an artificial tree...one that won't make a mess and since we will probably keep our tree up longer than we usually do maybe we should just get an artificial one... no way Hosea, not at all. See he used to sell trees when we were first married and his dream was to own his own tree farm... we even have a picture of a tree farm given to him by one of the girls....Since we had snow yesterday and it was a wet snow... and it was very cold here Paul took most of the kids to our tree farm and they cut our tree....Mya stayed at home with me . We promised her she could put the star on the tree when we decorated it tonite... not an easy feat since my dear husband chose a 12 foot tree.. but they did it.

3 comments:

Envyshope said...

Beautiful tree! I love a real Christmas tree also, but, alas! We have to have an artificial one because my dear husband is allergic! Looks like everyone is in the spirit! I love seeing your snow - we have none in Montgomery, AL.

Kelly said...

I love real trees too! Sadly, we got our this year w/o the snow. But hey, it was really cold and windy... so close enough I guess.

HOW do you all decide on a tree? Just with my 7 it takes FOREVER and some day I may just come home with more than 1 tree!

:)

mommajeane said...

Kelly... it is usually difficult and most years we come home with 2 live ones. Our house has many trees that are not our main ones.. I love the holidays and making our home feel magical.. on Christmas eve we do not allow any regular lights... just candles and the Christmas decorations. I find taking family pictures even harder... how about you?