Sunday, December 13, 2009

Joseph and I are in Yambol and my experience with "Humphrey Bogart"

Joseph and I are the pick up team for Andrew :) We drove this afternoon and are now in the hotel. Tomorrow "God willing" we will pick up our sweet boy. Now we had a little situation driving here....It is a lovely drive to Yambol.... the road is a good road and it has beautiful scenery . We were almost to Yambol like 10 miles and our van started to have problems. Joseph and I had just commented, "Wow this was really quick". Well finally the van stopped and Alex ( Toni's brother) got out and fiddled some . We drove a few yds and stopped again ( we had already prayed) and again we went some yards and then it stopped. It was still light out but soon would be dark... the cell phones worked and a tow truck was called... about an hour and a half back we had stopped at a McDonalds and with my food I drank all of my coke.... well what goes in eventually comes out... I had asked Toni when I drank that coke if I needed to could we stop... of course she said yes... well I was fine and thought to my self since we are so close I can just wait...until of course the van died... well then immediately I had to go ... just because I could not go ( you know how that is. So I said to Toni are there any trees half joking and half not... then Joseph slapped my leg and says, " Mom just go outside." Of course we are all laughing .. me trying not to because of my lets say inability to control when I laugh.... so I walk around to the side of the van ( there is snow on the ground) and proceed to go... Toni's mom hopped out to block the view of the on coming car on the one side and I am trying to go fast as I see the lights of a tractor trailer approaching... done and I try to get up and start to slip... thinking, " Oh know I am going to show everything to this trucker now." I made it and was up and done.... Toni says, as she saw how worried I was about the approaching truck,"Did you finish?"

Well the tow trucker driver came very quick and the plan was to let me and her mom ride in the cab and the rest were in the van on top of the truck.. if you know Toni she does not like riding in the van to much the normal way.. let alone on top of a tow truck.... long and short is we made it just fine to the mechanics and it should be worked on in the am... if not there is a secondary plan.. that will get us to Andrew and back to Sofia.... just pray for the van to be fixed and not cost to much... One plus to my side of things was the tow truck driver looked just like Humphrey Bogart and I had a hard time not staring at him...

Actually I just love Toni and her team ( her family) even in the unexpected they took care of us. Alex felt bad but it is not there fault ... just another example of how the attacks come the closer we get to bringing home our children... but the Lord is our provider and He took care of us today.

4 comments:

Chris Haven said...

What memories you are making, some you probably don't want to make :) So happy you are finally picking up your son. Can't wait to see pictures of your reunion. Praying for your travles tomorrow.

Kelly said...

You will get him and bring him home! I have no doubt... go with the flow. LOL :)

Toni has been wonderful, and I hvae no doubt she is even more so in person.

Christie M said...

So there is "Yellow Snow in Bulgaria?" LOL :)

Can't wait to see precious pictures of Andrew!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

that's why i always keep a spare diaper in my purse =) ha!