Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dawn of a simple but radical idea- 2 thoughts












































I have been reading the book by David Platt called Radical. I shared about Crazy Love last year and this book is right up there as far as encouragement and how I want to live.....The very beginning chapter had 2 thoughts that I wish to share and hope to encourage you with.

Many of you have already read the book and I have read your comments but I thought these 2 thoughts that David shares are very profound for the believer in Christ that I have to share my thoughts as well. First he draws us to a radical faith in a radical savior... and invites us to a radical abandonment to Jesus. Ordinary people living a life that is radically different than those around them even other believers....He desires for us to be serious about taking this journey but mentions 2 preconditions that need to existin order to fully embark on this journey.

First , one has to commit to believe whatever Jesus says. As a Christian he cautions us not to make a mistake to come to Jesus and say, " Let me hear what you have to say, and then I'll decide whether or not I like it." If you approach Jesus this way, you will never truly hear what he has to say. You have to say yes to the words of Jesus before you even hear them. I love this thought....Meaning you love Jesus so much that no matter what words ( the Bible says) you believe them ! Period !

Second, we need to commit to obey what we hear. The gospel does not prompt us to just reflect but the gospel requires a response.....In other words when you hear Jesus- we are compelled to take an honest look at our life, our family and our church and don't just ask what is he saying? but also ask, "What shall I do?" Do is a verb that requires us to act.

He says we must evaluate where true security and safety are found in this world, and in the end we will determine not to waste our lives on anything but uncompromising, unconditional abandonment to a gracious, loving Savior who invites us to take radical risk and promises us radical reward.

This is a journey I intend to walk...anyone else with me ?

No comments: