Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Leah...






























We had a blast on Sat. afternoon. I took 10 of my girls out to lunch at Sonic . Then we went shopping at Gabes for a few hours. Then we finished up at Walmart - dinner was homeade cheese steak subs and Lemon / Chocolate Lush for dessert. She is 17 now. We have 4 daughters now who are 17...so much fun to be around. I love being out with the girls. I wonder where the time has gone. Leah has been home now for almost 5 yrs.. She was one of three teens we adopted from Izmail. None of them bio. children but all from the same orphanage. She has really never looked backed....She made an easy transition into our family . She is our creative one... She has a real eye for art and sews, knits, she can draw free hand or she is the one who is teaching our art this year. She also is excellent with all the medical needs of the kids- sort of my right hand helper with physical therapy and other medical care that is sometimes required by the kids. When I was gone to Bulgaria last Dec. she did all the physical therapy for Mya for me... and she did a great job at her pin care. Leah is tremendous with Andrew and is one of the ones he will take a bottle from....She is a precious gift to us and we are so glad she was born 17 yrs ago...As I explained to another child of ours- I did not get the opportunity to give birth to you in my womb but the Lord choose to let me birth you in my heart. We love you Leah.... She is the one in front of me with the black shirt on.

2 comments:

Mary B. said...

Hi Jeane,

Please pass on our Happy Birthday Blessings to Leah. Oh, to be 17 again :) Our kids enjoy Leah very much and it's great to know how creative she is - maybe she'll bless us with an art project or knitting lesson next time we visit :) What is chocolate lemon lush? Sounds delicious!
Happy Happy Birthday Leah!
Love in Christ,
Mary B.

mommajeane said...

It is actually 2 diff. kinds of lush... one is lemon and one is chocolate - made with pudding. Whatever type of pudding you like.