Friday, September 10, 2010

Kitchen update- and I love IKEA


























































Our kitchen renovation is coming along as you can see. Our appliances were delivered Tuesday. The cabinets came Wed. and Jeff put them up Thursday...Next Tuesday they come to measure the counter tops for the granite and they will be put on in week to 10 days....We will paint while we wait and then it should all be done. I now have 2 ovens/stoves, microwaves and lots more cabinets and counters...

I have been looking for a diff. table or 4 :) to be able to seat all of us... I have researched online as well... nothing I have found would have worked or it was way more than I wanted to spend. We live 1 and a half hrs away from an IKEA and so Joseph, Mary Kate, Mady and I went Wed. nite and I found what I needed for our tables there.... I wanted skinny tables because we only eat at them ( I have not served from my tables in years) and because there are so many of us there is no need for wide tables. I also wanted to be able to seat at least 25 of us together...well 3 of these tables did it. We can actually spread them apart ( when Jeff is done ) if we want and at least 30 can sit together... Since I am looking ahead to our future this is a great thing :) I put plastic table cloths on because I don't want to be yelling at the kids - easy cleanups. We bought these stools for 6 dollars and we have lots of other chairs/stools from before...I also bought this wooden smaller table for the other side as well as a large shelf that matches the tables and a bookcase ( in the clearance section ) and other odds and ends all for 500 dollars. Which was the price for just one table... so I am a happy camper. I was getting frustrated because I really only wanted to spend just 500 and was not finding anything that was going to work... and I believe the Lord blessed my efforts and patience with my great bargin at IKEA Wednesday.

Also with my kids everything was put together ( correctly) in a short time :) They all worked together .

4 comments:

Jodi said...

WOW, that is some table!!

I like the skinny idea. If I had the space for it, I'd like to do that. (but I don't) oh well.

Say, have you adopted from Serbia? just curious, I have my eye on a little sweetie from there but don't know a lot about it.

Jodi

mommajeane said...

No, we have not but you know Shelly from RR and her Grifyn was adopted from there. It sounds like a wonderful program and a short trip to...which is way better than Ukraine :)

Penny said...

A friend has a great idea for extending table space. Pull them apart and lay plain sheets of plywood between each table with about a foot of overlap on each end, cover with table cloths and very few are the wiser. Of course, you could cut them so the width would match your regular tables. Just imagine if all of your kids grow up and even have just two or three each. LOL

Difference2This1 said...

What a great solution so you can all eat together!!! We have our eyeball on a table to hold 10 at IKEA as well! Waiting to see if He sends us one for free first, but the IKEA one is our backup! LOL