Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whoever thought Picante sauce would make a great meal....






























We ate this tonite for dinner with a salad and Texas toast. I always like to share a recipe that is so easy and so well liked by us... This one meets that. It came from a new cookbook I got from Sams Club and honestly I have made 5 new recipes using this book and all have been great and easy. Tonites was made using picante sauce, sour cream, parmesan cheese and their suggestion of cilantro ( we don't like cilantro) so instead I used the spaghetti herb seasoning.... I also added mini shrimp but it would be delicious without it or adding chicken too. Let me know if you try it and liked it or any other meals your family enjoys and would be easy to make for a family of 24 :) :)

2 comments:

sdpattie said...

Hi There- I made this with modifications- I sauted some zucchini and onions in the pan then added the salsa snd cheese, sour cream, when it was hot and bubbly I added some chunks of cooked chicken and topped with cilantro. YUMMY. Thanks for posting this dish.

mommajeane said...

That sounds yummy. I always modify too. Thanks for sharing about yours.