Monday, February 21, 2011

Our little guy in recovery....







This was Andrew this am at the hospital. He had his endoscopic procedure done today. He was so sweet and was super great there. He is a very strong willed and we never know how he will be... I was very proud of him today though. This was taken when we came back to his room. He woke up and was so cuddly. The preliminary thought is no GERD but H. Pyloria. They did biopsies and lab work while he was sleeping. We will get all the results on Thursday. I am so glad this is over for him. They were wonderful with him and did nothing not even bp or made him wear his identification tag ( he kept yelling and taking it off ) until he was asleep. They let me go back to help with his mask . I just hate anything done that he won't understand is for his good... He has been through so much at his orphanage. I sang his favorite song... Shimmer marinki dink to him as he fell asleep.... Now he is doing fine and we wait for his diagnosis.... I just knew that something was not right since he started to show us by his vomiting back in August.... A momma has to trust her instinct sometime. Thankfully I have many times :)
Anyone else have their own personal experience with H. Pyloria and care to share ? I would appreciate anything you have to recommend .

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Aw your such a good mom singing to him. Get well soon Andrew!!!

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Difference2This1 said...

I'm so glad this went well for him! And that you have a good idea what is causing him grief. I don't have experience with this one, but I have seen a few posts from people who had kids with this, had them treated, and life was so much better for the children!! As I shared before, finding out after several years that Raegan had a parasite and finally getting rid of it has changed our lives signifcantly...her daily headaches are GONE!! We have a ways to go to heal up her gut, but we are at least on a recovery road now. Prayers that whatever the treatment is for Andrew's wipes all the buggies out so he feels much better soon!!! Very wise to trust your gut on all this!! Blessings, Jennifer

Jodi said...

Gretchen (who adopted Stas, RR) is the H.Pylori QUEEN! Ask her anything!!!


http://ready4ross.blogspot.com/

Her contact info is on her blog :)

LIN said...

What a good boy! If he is like my Logan the antibiotic treatment should stop the vomiting. The antibiotics themselves are hard on the stomach so improvement may not show up until after he has finished them. Logan has had no reoccurance and it's been about a year. I hope Andrew is feeling better soon!

mommajeane said...

Thanks Jodi... I did read her blog and emailed her. I see her comments on your blog - made me hesitate if I really wanted to contact her :)Only kidding.

Hi Lin...thanks for sharing. Any other advice you have would be aprreciated. My email is mommajeaneb@aol.com

eliz said...

sending(((HUGS))) and prayers for Andrew