Sunday, March 27, 2011

Be Still and Love the things He loves....


Be still in My Presence, even though countless tasks clamor for your attention. Nothing is as important as spending time with Me. While you wait in My Presence, I do My best work within you : transforming you by the renewing of your mind. If you skimp on this time with Me, you may plunge headlong into the wrong activities, missing the richness of what I have planned for you.

Do not seek Me primarily for what I can give you. Remember that I, the Giver, am infinitely greater than any gift I might impart to you. Though I delight in blessing My children, I am deepley grieved when My blessings become idols in their hearts. Anything can be an idol if it distracts you from Me as your First Love. When I am the ultimate Desire of your heart, you are safe from the danger of idolatry. As you wait in My Presence, enjoy the greatest gift of all : Christ in you, the hope of glory !

Rev. 2 : 4,  Romans 12: 2

_______________________

Boy sometimes for me this is hard to do...Be Still....I can think of a million things I need to be doing from the moment my feet hit the ground in the am to the time I lay my head down at nite :) I have made it a sort of "habit"- done routinely without even thinking about having to do it- My devotions . I do 2 devotions in the am and then return at nite to another one. I also journal usually before bed. Sometimes I am even blessed with some time in the middle of the afternoon to return to my time with the Lord and I feel so much better when I have spent the time with Him...but to be honest it does not happen alot and I want to make it more. I, along time ago started to incorporate my very busy,and intense life into a life lived by worshiping the Lord almost continually thru my day....I can find so many things the Lord is teaching me thru my children's emotions and struggles...even though the children often are the very ones adding the negative issues to my day ( if I let them) . I have made it a priority to choose to live in such a way that no one can take the joy of my salvation away even if I don't get to spend the precious time away from the hectic life I often live ... I can now find peace in the midst of the chaos...I can return to my times in my devotions or longer studies and prayer times in the middle of a crisis... it has become second nature and I am so thankful to the Lord for teaching me how important it is to spend time " sitting in His lap " and feeling His love and peace thru my life.

I am not very patient...especially when it comes to children. He continually works on my character in this area...One suggestion I would share that helps me get "thru" the moments when I wanted something else to happen or for it to have happened yesterday is to seek His joy...I will look in the face of the child before me, I can smell the sweet puppy breath of our puppies, I love the color He created in nature...the flowers, even the diff. shades of green, or the rough browns of the bark on the trees- all these appeal to my sense of who God is....I find joy in little things, things that don't cost money necessarily and I have learned to rejoice in the small areas of my life so when I am not feeling patient about another area my joy which has then become His Joy- abounds in me and my heart soars. I can then pray not for what He can give me or do for me but for His Presence to come more fully into my life...For His Glory to be revealed in the life I am living for Him. To be able to connect with my Savior and Lord in a way that is more pure and Holy...to love...Love the things He loves.

No comments: